Homesite and Suncoaster Trail Hiking and Biking Route
The Homesite Suncoaster Trail route is about 16 kilometres long (10 miles). It is a beautiful area and I feel one of the prettiest sections of the Suncoaster Trail (excepting perhaps the section between Ruby Lake and Klein Lake). Part of this route covers forest service road unless you choose to simply backtrack.
The start of the route is where the Suncoaster Trail comes out to Hwy. 101 at Homesite Forest Service Road.
- From Sechelt head northwest approx. 13 km. You will pass Trout Lake and both ends of Redrooffs Rd.
- Turn right on the Homesite Creek Forest Service Road, Branch 01 - third road on the right after the northwest end of Redrooffs.
- There is a small pull-out area on the left where you can park.
The image below is actually interactive. It is a Google Earth gadget that embeds the image of the trail route that you can zoom in and out of with the zoom bar on the right. You can also use the slider bar to back up through my route. It's pretty cool. Oh, you can close the bubble to get it out of your way.
Same map using Mapsource. The route is highlighted in yellow.
- Head up the road and take the second left which is marked with the Suncoaster Trail map.
- Simply follow the Suncoaster Trail from here til the trail comes out to a branch of the Middlepoint Forest Service Road (about 3/4 kilometre past the 29 km mark).
- Turn right here and follow the forest service road for approx. 3 kilometres til you pass under the powerlines and back into the bush.
- Turn right on the marked trail (yellow bike marker).
- Follow this trail and don't take any of the roads/trails that branch off to the right.
- You will pass the Suncoaster Trail marker that marks part of the trail you followed on the first half of the route.
- Now that you are back on the Suncoaster Trail head back to your car following the Suncoaster Trail markers.
Click here to return from the Homesite Suncoaster Trail to the Bikes & Hikes page.
Click here to return from Homesite Suncoaster to the Home page.